Thursday, October 15, 2009

Wedding cake alternatives

One option for an alternative to the wedding cake is the dessert buffet or a table filled with different varieties of cakes or pies. This option would be a great way to incorporate a few favorite family recipes into the reception. It also gives you and your guests a lot of variety and choices. If you are having a lot of guests this could get pretty expensive though.



I came across this photo of a brownie wedding cake online and I noted the source on a post it note but now unfortunately it's nowhere to be found. I think that this would be pretty easy to do. This could be a good option for a bride on a budget. I would add some Kahlua-spiked whipped cream between the layers. Mmm!










I found this cake at: http://www.bubblybride.com/blog/2009/02/rice-krispies-not-your-typical-wedding-cake/. I think that this cake would also be quite easy to DIY especially since rice krispie treats are kind of mold- able. I would love to see a cake like this done with the chocolate rice krispies.








I would love to have this cake at my wedding! Cheesecake is one of my favorite desserts and it's not something that I eat very often so it has a specialness about it already. You could have the layers stacked like a tiered wedding cake or just have an assortment of different flavors displayed on a table.



Cupcakes have become so popular as an alternative to the traditional wedding cake recently. They are delicious and adorable. Need I say more?







1 comment:

  1. Yummy! Cheesecake wedding cake. Sounds delish...unfortunately, I don't know that many people who like cheesecake!

    ReplyDelete