Friday, October 9, 2009

We're moving

It's not really wedding planning-related but we're moving. We just signed the lease this week. We will technically be fully moved in on Nov. 1st but we're going to start moving stuff in the week before. I hate to be rushed when I'm moving so I always try to get a few extra days to do a bit of unpacking and sorting before the space is a sea of boxes!

We are planning on having our wedding at our home but now I'm worried about that plan. We signed a one year lease so we will be at the new house until Nov. 1, 2010. We are going to be getting married sometime in October 2010. The house is very cute but it's also very small. I might start calling it cozy to make myself feel better. I think that it would be pretty cramped with 20 to 30 people there. We could have the ceremony and reception outside I guess, but that's a gamble with the weather then. We could use the front porch but it's quite close to the road/traffic. Ideally, I wanted the ceremony to be held in our living room but I'm not sure how it will all play out now. I guess I'll just have to wait until we are actually in the house and have our furniture arranged and see how it looks. My mom always says that a room looks smaller when it's empty. Here's to hoping that she's right!!

No comments:

Post a Comment